Los Carrascos, Arboleas is a great location to live.
Ten good reasons to choose Los Carrascos?
I might be a bit biased as I have lived in this village from 1998, having bought an old cortijo in 1995 and then developing it.
When considering property in the Almería area, some advice is always helpful. I can tell you why Los Carrascos is probably one of the best places to live in Spain, and I can give you 10 good reasons why.
1. Los Carrascos, is not coastal, so not as expensive as beachfront areas, but it is within about 35 minutes drive of the closest Meditteranean beaches, so if you love sea views, they are never very far away.
2. Los Carrascos has 3000 hours of sunshine every year, that is an average of more than 8 hours every day!
3. Los Carrascos is not in the town, but is only 3 minutes by car, or 20 minutes walk down the rambla to Arboleas, which has a doctor’s surgery, (new medical centre is under construction), supermarkets, fitness centre/gym, bars, restaurants, dentist, town hall which has an openness and honesty policy.
4. Los Carrascos has a very good water supply, as the water for the village comes from underground wells in the Arroyo Aceituno.
5. Los Carrascos has developed from a small hamlet of 9 houses into a mostly ex-pat village of more than 220 houses. These ex-pats are from mostly Northern European countries, England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Belgium, Austria, Germany, and of course there are Spanish people living here. It’s a very friendly cosmopolitan place to live.
6. Los Carrascos comes under the jurisdiction of Arboleas town hall, which led by the current Mayor, Cristóbal García has been doing all it can to regularise the housing situation, which became out of control in the whole area, in the property boom in the “noughties”. The town hall have 4 British councillors, which reflects the high proportion of British people on the Town Hall Register of residents, (padrón).
7. Los Carrascos has its own fitness park, where there are exercise apparatuses, overlooking a view to the mountains to the south and the foothills of the Sierra Los Filabres.
8. Los Carrascos has access to Wi-Fi Internet from Arboleas Town Hall, which is economical, reliable and fast.
9. The surrounding hills, ramblas, and tracks are great for walking, mountain biking and off road quad biking.
10. Los Carrascos has wonderful wildlife. In the skies overhead, a variety of birds, raptors including golden eagles, in the summer beautiful bee-eaters, powder blue Indian rollers, hoopoes, Sardinian warblers, black redstarts. Mammals, from Ibex, wild boar, rabbits, foxes, further away from the village into the hills.
11. Los Carrascos has local delivery vehicles for gas, a baker’s van, frozen food on various days of the week.
Oh, this is number 11!
– Los Carrascos is so good I couldn’t keep to 10!